During 2016 the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht will operate a Mobility of Collections Scheme to support greater regional and local access to material held in the National Collections. The Scheme is designed to fund the transport, cost of insurance and exhibiting costs for pieces from the National Collections to appropriate institutions around the country. The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 noon, 10 May 2016.
The purpose of this scheme is to:
• Assist in putting items from the National Collections on display to the public on a greater and wider basis;
• Facilitate the display of pieces from the National Collections with specific local and regional interest direct to those communities; and
• Facilitate the display of cultural artefacts and relating exhibitions outside urban centres into rural areas.
The types of projects which will be considered under the scheme are as follows:
• Funding the costs associated with the transport of pieces from the National Collections to/from a regional/local Institution; or/and
• Funding the cost of insuring pieces from the National Collection whilst being transported to/from a regional/local institution; or/and
• Funding the costs of the exhibition of pieces from the National Collections in regional/ local institutions.
Click here for details of this year's scheme.