The Museum Association (UK) are calling for sessions to be proposed for the Festival of Change, MA Conference and Exhibition 2018 in Belfast.The deadline for receipt of proposals is 5 July 2018.
Dissent is often serious, but it can also be playful, creative and provocative. The Festival of Change creates spaces at the annual conference that give us all permission to have conversations we wouldn't normally have about what needs to change.
If you have a creative idea that challenges the status quo around ethnicity, gender, disability or class, we want to hear from you. We welcome proposals from people who work in or with museums, artists and activists. We particularly welcome proposals from across Ireland. Your intervention should involve delegates. It could be a game, a hands-on activity or a theatrical experience.
Things to consider
• the Festival of Change will take place in the exhibition space at the conference. Think about how your activity will work in this space and be visually appealing
• activities will need to run 1000-1700 on 8 and 9 November and exhibition stand interventions should be drop in
• the Festival of Change team will work with you to develop the look and feel of the space
• you will need to be able to bring all materials required with you
• if your idea is workshop style, it is likely we will ask you to deliver it throughout the day to maximise attendee opportunities to participate
• we also have some opportunities available for roaming/promenade interventions and are inviting proposals for these. These should also run throughout the day, 1000-1700.
What we can offer
A £400 micro-funding pot is available per successful intervention proposal; you should factor your travel and accommodation costs into this.
We are committed to delivering inclusive spaces and experiences and will be happy to meet your access requirements.
We can also offer conference places for Festival of Change participants. There is a limited number of these available and we will discuss your requirements with you should you be successful.
Proposals will be reviewed by a panel who will be looking to see if they meet the following criteria:
• it is creative and engaging
• it tackles longstanding issues in a new way
• it helps people question their thinking and assumptions
• it inspires delegates to make change and take action.
Click here for further inforamtion and details on submitting a proposal for Festival of Change