The Martello tower was built in 1805, one of many built around the coast to guard against a possible invasion by Napoleon. The first telegraph line under the Irish Sea was terminated in the tower in 1852.
The museum exhibits artefacts relating to all manner of communication and Irish historical events.
Howth, Co. Dublin, Ireland
|Telephone:||+353 (0) 86 8154189|
|Opening Times:||May-Oct, Mon-Sun, 11:00-16:00; Nov-Apr, Sat-Sun, 11:00-16:00, Admission charge|