This type of membership is open to all those working in museums, galleries and related sectors, and those who have a professional interest in museums.
The Benefits of joining the IMA are:
• Free copies of Museum Ireland, the annual journal containing information, review articles, and critical discussion pieces on issues of interest or concern to those working in Irish museums
• Substantially reduced rates to the IMA's annual conference.
• Discounted attendance to the practitioners' forums: Education & Outreach and Collections
• Discounted or free attendance to other special events organised by the IMA, including training courses, seminars and occasional lectures
• Priority invitations to the Annual Lecture and the IMA/ICOM Ireland lecture
• Free Museum Visits
• Free annual Field Trip
• Regular email notification of news and events
• Networking opportunities to meet with people involved in the museum sector throughout Ireland with professionals from abroad
• The opportunity to present papers at selected events
Annual Subscription Rates for Individual members:
Individual: €50 or stg£40
Individual Concession: €30 or stg£25
• The discount rate of Individual Concession Membership is extended to students, museum trainees and volunteers (within 12 months of placement and not currently in waged employment).
• If your workplace is an institutional member of the IMA, you may avail of the Individual Concession rate.
To download an Individual Membership Form, please click here