This type of membership is open to museums, galleries, libraries and other cultural and non-profit organisations.
Benefits of joining the IMA under Institutional membership are:
• Up to five copies of Museum Ireland Journal, the annual journal containing information, review articles, and critical discussion pieces on issues of interest or concern to those working in Irish museums
• Individual memberships for up to five nominated staff (see details below)
• Individual membership for additional members of staff at concession rate (40% discount)
• Free Listing in our Find a Museum service
• Priority bookings for all staff at IMA events
• Discounted advertising for major exhibitions or your museum in Museum Ireland
• Representation on museum issues
• Support from the IMA staff and Board of Directors
• The opportunity to collaborate with the IMA in bringing events and activities to your museum and community
• Listing as Institutional member on the IMA website and
• Permission to display the IMA logo on your museum's website.
Annual Subscription Rates for Institutional members works on a sliding scale in order to provide the best opportunity and value for your museum.
Institution Rate A (Ten members of staff or under). Includes 2 Individual Memberships: €100 or stg£90
Institution Rate B (Between ten and twenty members of staff). Includes 5 Individual Memberships: €250 or stg£200
Institution Rate C (Twenty members of staff or over). Includes 5 Individual Memberships and all staff can avail of Individual Members Discounts: €750 or stg£600
To download a Institutional Membership Form, click here