IMMA is seeking to appoint a temporary IMMA Shop & Retail Manager for a 6 months Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Leave Cover). Pay grade: €29,316 - €46,891. The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 30th January 2019.
Job Reference: 2019 FIN/01
Reports To: Head of Corporate Services
Location: IMMA, Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin 8
• Pay Grade is at Executive Officer Standard Grade (ppc effective from 01st October 2018) €29,316 - €46,891; LSI 1 €48,427; LS1 2 €49,960. Candidates should note the Irish Museum of Modern Art complies with Department of Public Expenditure and Reform and guidelines on Public Sector pay and conditions of employment and entry level will be at Point 1 of this Grade.
• This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced retail professional looking to develop or build on existing Management skills. We are looking for a confident individual that can maintain the existing retail experience within IMMA and through our e-commerce site.
• To work with the shop team to optimise and maintain the IMMA Shop and all IMMA's other retail activities, including but not exclusively e-commerce, on line shop and any pop-up shop that may be required.
• Source, plan and purchase product ranges and re-order existing bestsellers to optimise sales. Cost and produce exhibitions-related products where financially viable to do so.
• Liaise with the Development Department to organise promotional activities on Social Media.
• Manage and work alongside a small team of two staff, including rostering and organisation of floor cover.
• Hands on role, work on shop floor as required, merchandising and housekeeping, goods in and stock management.
• Work with existing team to store, sell, ship and maintain IMMA Art Editions and Exhibition catalogues.
• Ensure that the department is GDPR compliant.
• To maintain current financial systems including raising purchase order, ensuring timely payment to and from suppliers, stock returns, analysing key performance indicators to improve sales and drawing up weekly sales reports.
• Oversee annual stocktake and small monthly category product counts.
• The post holder must be self-motivated and flexible, able to work on their own as well as with a team and be prepared to liaise with various departments within IMMA.
• Must be a hands on person, who will work in all areas of the retail department.
• Must have sales skills. Purchasing experience would be beneficial but not essential.
• Knowledge of EPOS systems as well as computer literate, Microsoft Word, Excel are essential. Knowledge of Photoshop and ecommerce sites would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of retail is essential, knowledge of retail in a cultural institution would be beneficial.
Working Terms and Conditions
• It is envisaged that the post holder will work five days of six on a roster basis. Typical working week will be Tuesday-Saturday 09.15am to 5.30pm, with occasional Sunday and Bank Holiday cover 12pm - 5.30pm. Occasional evening work will be required to cater for events.
• A spirit of internal co-operation, collaboration and communication is an important part of the Irish Museum of Modern Art and staff at all levels are expected to maintain this spirit as a professional courtesy in their work.
• The post holder will report to the Head of Corporate Services.
• Your normal hours of work will be 41.25 hours per week (inclusive of breaks) and will be set out in the Contract of Employment
Candidate Instructions and Application Process
Note: The Role Profile is a guide to broad areas of responsibility and accountability and should not be regarded as a comprehensive listing. The job description may be reviewed in the light of new structures and / or the changing needs of the Museum.
How to apply: Applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae along with a cover letter by email, outlining how they meet the required criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMMA is an equal opportunities employer
Please note successful candidates are required to be compliant with
IMMA's Security and Garda vetting procedures.
All qualifications of successful candidates will be verified.
Appointment will be on condition of obtaining
Two satisfactory work references.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the Right to Work in Ireland.
Click here to visit the IMMA website.