Glasnevin Trust is seeking to appoint a full-time permanent Visitor Services Assistant based at Galsnevin Cemetery Museum. Salary range is €10.40-11ph. The deadline for receipt of applications is 9 November 2018.
• Assist in ensuring the directing and management of the day to day operations of Glasnevin Cemetery Museum and tours - consistently offering excellent customer service to both external and internal customers
• Develop and retain a good working knowledge of Glasnevin Cemetery and its mission and values
• Assist when necessary with the opening and closing the business ensuring that the building and assets are secure
• Promote a positive image of the Museum in all interactions and activities, ensuring that you and the team carry out their duties to the highest standards
• With the Retail Manager and Museum Manager assist in meeting financial objectives by exceeding sales targets for the tours and retail sales
• Ensure that correct financial procedures are implemented at all times and report any irregularities to your line manager
• Have an understanding of the Genealogy department so you can assist in the absence of the geologists
FACILITY & GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
• Be aware of the day to day maintenance and cleaning of all public areas of the museum, café, car park ensuring that all areas are maintained to the highest standards and report any issues identified swiftly to your line manager
• Working in conjunction with the Events team assist in the smooth and effective running of all events and exhibitions
• Attend the daily briefs and other meetings as requested - sharing all relevant information as a team
• Feedback comments, propose training needs and operational changes in order to continually improve the delivery of the experience in your opinion
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Ensure that you fully comply with the Health & Safety regulations
• Maintain Health and Safety procedures and documentation ensuring that they are recorded and up to date
• Ensure that you know and follow the emergency procedures including the swift evacuation of the building
• Ensure that you have an understanding of GDPR and follow its guidelines protecting the data of the clients and team
This list may adapt and change during the course of your role.
On occasion you may be required to perform additional duties to fulfil the needs of the business
Please send a cover letter and current CV to Anne Trebett, HR Manager, Glasnevin Trust, Finglas Road, Dublin 11 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.