The Irish Museums Association is recruiting an administrator. This is a full time position, working Monday to Friday and based in the IMA office in Dublin. There will be requirement occasionally to attend events outside normal hours or at weekends, and at venues away from Dublin.
Duties of the post include:
1. Provide a comprehensive administrative service and maintain records in order to facilitate the operations of the Association.
2. Process and maintain membership applications and records of the Irish Museums Association.
3. To manage finances including:
· Record all income and expenditure of the Association
· Liase with accountants
· Arrange PAYE/PRSI and Tax details and payments
· Prepare Annual budgets in consultation with the Chairman and the Treasurer
· Liase with funders. Prepare grant applications, meet requirements, apply for draw downs throughout the year, provide the necessary proof of payments and tax clearance certificates for these payments
4. Event Organisation
· Liaise with editor, printer and contributors of Museum Ireland
· Drive the advertising campaign for Museum Ireland
· Liaise with editor re newsletter
· Design and compile the newsletter
· Distribution of all publications (mail outs)
6. Website Management
· Proven administration and IT skills
· Good communication skills
· Ability to take minutes, form basic reports, work on own initiative and within a team structure
Click here to email your covering letter and CV
Deadline for receipt of applications is 4pm on Friday 15 July 2011